Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default cracked attachment

Deodiaus wrote:
I have a backflow valve, which I drained for the winter, but the
frozen water cracked the pipe at the shutoff valve.
http://deodiaus.tripod.com/backflow.JPG
Unfortuately, on the LHS, I have a crack in the metal part that
attaches to the backflow value to the plastic piping. Where can I
purchase just that one piece [2"x2" with the shut off valve], or do I
have to buy the whole thing? What is it called?
I get my city water, which has a meter. Is there an attachment which
would allow me to shut off the water going into the house.
Can I just get away with putting a 2" hose clamp and some "steel hard"
epoxy on the crack?

There will be a cut-off just south of the city's meter. In most cases, it's
actually part of the meter.