Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:37:03 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Nonny" wrote
Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's rare now days. A government employee who makes sense?

Nonsense. Most of the ones I've dealt with make great sense. Every
inspector has been great. The "tank and boiler inspector" that came out
and tested the spare used air compressor tank I bought was spectacular.

I get so tired of the bitching about government employees. I've dealt
with far worse in private businesses I've dealt with. Try getting a
useful answer at Home Depot, for instance.

Bob, I respectfully disagree. The government employees I have encountered
in almost all contact with the government at any level are folk too dumb
or too lazy to make a living in any other field. This is even worse when
it comes to elected office.

--
Nonny

I can agree with the elected officials. As for others, it is unfair to
paint them all with the same brush. I've worked with some that have been
great. Very helpful, very smart, doing a fair day's work too. Sure a few
are idiots as every other line of work has too.

Every town hall has a few incompetent drones, but I can tell you stories of
various inspectors and highway department workers do a great job.

You want to work with Transport Canada (not).