Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

On 04/07/2010 06:22 PM, Nonny wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's rare now days. A government employee who makes sense?

Nonsense. Most of the ones I've dealt with make great sense. Every
inspector has been great. The "tank and boiler inspector" that came
out and tested the spare used air compressor tank I bought was
spectacular.

I get so tired of the bitching about government employees. I've dealt
with far worse in private businesses I've dealt with. Try getting a
useful answer at Home Depot, for instance.

Bob, I respectfully disagree. The government employees I have
encountered in almost all contact with the government at any level are
folk too dumb or too lazy to make a living in any other field. This is
even worse when it comes to elected office.

I deal with a few inspectors on a regular basis. Some are a PITA, some
I really like. Even most of the PITA ones seem to be conscientious and
care about things being done right.

Maybe I live in a unique area...

nate

--