Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default rewiring permit snag - abandoned wires

In article , Limp Arbor wrote:
On Apr 7, 1:38=A0pm, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Apr 7, 10:13=A0am, Limp Arbor wrote:

Turned in my plans to the town to replace my Al wire with copper.

The inspector called me today and said I may need to completely remove
the Al wire. He was going to check on it so it is not that he is
trying to gove me a hard time.

Anyone know if the NEC addresses abandoned wires behind finished
drywall?

My plan was to pull all that I could out and where staples prevented
it cut the wires so they could not be reached.

You could take the liberty of bull****ting him.

That is plan B

And when he says he won't sign off on the permit until you show him what
you've done...?