Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Comment on Chinese drywall

*+-Before asking that question, you might look in the mirror. After all,
*+-it's because of the free-market-uber-alles, deregulation,
*+-get-gubmint-off-my-back types like you that we have toothless regulatory
*+-agencies and a free-for-all market where all kinds of **** gets sold
*+-without adequate testing.

When my dad and my mom's dad hid Jews from the nazis, they blatantly
violated the regulations in force. What is more regulated than a communist
country, China? The problem is abritrageable, casuistrable, contradictory,
unpredictable, inconsistent, capricious regulations that force people to
ignore them just to survive. This is what happened in the financial crisis:
GLB99 didn't unite the regulators, creating wild misincentives. When we trust
only in human power, in human government, immorality is inevitable. CHina
today acts like Hitler and Stalin in thinking it all depends on them. But, we
also need to beg the distinction between the situation ethics of Ollie North
who expected beautification for breaking the rules and Admiral Poindexter who
was willing to go to jail for what he felt was right.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2