Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sylvia Else Sylvia Else is offline

Default NTSC versus PAL

On 7/04/2010 11:23 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Part of the difficulity in understanding is that perhaps you
don't have experience with early American color televisions...
I certainly remember how in the 60s we had to adjust the tint
control on a regular (show by show) basis, because of lack
of consistancy.

Yes -- a lack of consistency. That was not the fault of NTSC, but of the
broadcasters.

I have to wonder what the broadcasters were doing to achieve that.
Contriving to get the colour burst phase consistent amongst cameras in a
studio (so that the tint stayed the same for a show), but inconsistent
with the actual colour subcarrier, would take some doing.

Sylvia.