Posted to alt.home.repair

Default After the basement flood. Now what?

On Apr 7, 8:03*am, "Jack" wrote:
Hello,
Lots of water in the basement due to the NE floods. *RI got creamed. *I
ripped down the sheetrock, took up the subfloor and laminate. *All in a
dumpster now. *Fans and dehumidifier are running. *I am going to rebuild the
basement.

How long do I need to wait until I can begin rebuilding? *I was thinking at
least a few months to ensure everything is really dry. (wood studs down
there)

Thanks for your time.

If you can vent from outdoors that would help as then you don't have
to remove the water with the dehumidifier. Put fan in a window and
open another way for the air to get in. If you can't do that then the
dehumidifier is the only way to go. It might be worthwhile to get a
hunidity gauge. I agree about the couple months idea, if you don,t
have any constraints that force you to fix it now there is no downside
to waiting longer.