Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Dead dishwasher - $250 for control panel?

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:46:43 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

JimT wrote:
"gpsman" wrote in message
On Apr 6, 4:20 pm, Zootal wrote:
Sigh...4 years, time to throw it away and buy another.

Anyone care to recommend a good dishwasher?

I don't believe there is more than a nickels worth of functional
difference in any like-type appliances.

Everybody makes a piece of **** designed only to outlive the warranty,
such as they are these days. I think I got a whopping 90 days on this
last $2200 TV.
snip
====

My Panasonic Viera has been going strong for over 6 years now. The picture
is as good as the day I bought it. Outlasted every TV I've ever owned.

Again, shrug. One of my Trinitrons is 12 years old, the other maybe six?
(bought it used). Both get heavy use, both still work perfectly. (Damn
Sony quality- I can't justify buying flat-screens till these die.)

At least twice a month I see old Trinitrons being offered on
Freecycle. Plenty of other perfectly good old CRTs also need new
homes.