Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Future Space programs Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Somewhere, there are probably a couple old guys who remember
how. If they get thier daily Metamucil and fed properly,
with plenty of naps. They could probably direct another
missile shot.

I built a new coax design two years ago.
With modern equipment and an improved design, it developed 30 percent more
thrust and because it had been designed on a computer, we were able to
eliminate the acustic chamber needed on the original. That alone reduced the
weight by half.

Believe me, during the entitre build I was thinking about how some guy on a
manual Jig Bore had done what we were doing on a 5 axis milling machine.
They went through a lot of set up parts in the old days.

--
John R. Carroll