Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.education.science
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default At what PSI does a plastic soda bottle explode? (home CO2 carbonation)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:35:12 -0400, Robert Green wrote:

the odd star-shape of the bottom is designed to "pop" visibly when
dropped and provide some visual warning that the bottle is overpressured.
The screw threads on the cap are interrupted for the same reason.
In four cases the CBB exploded without provocation."

All very interesting especially the interrupted screw threads!

Never even noticed that until I just now took a look.

I suspect it makes the (over)pressurized air blow by the gaps, right?