Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Dead dishwasher - $250 for control panel?

JimT wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Apr 6, 11:25 am, Zootal wrote:
I have a four year old Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has stopped
working. I looked at it and found the ribbon cable to the front control
panel had burnt traces. A front control panel costs $250 or more, and
there
is no guarantee it didn't take the control module out with it. Is there
any
hope for this thing? I'm thinking it's time to trash it and get a new one
due to the cost of replacing the control panel.

You can get a new one for like $300.

===

We had to replace our OLD Kitchen Aid. We got a budget "G"enerally
"E"xpectable. Now we have to wash the dishes before we put them in the dw.

Shrug. My bottom-of-the-line GE generic does fine, running it maybe
twice a week. Do you leave lots of food waste on the dishes and pans you
put in there? Any dishwasher, best practice is, large waste goes in
trash, and if you aren't going to run the DW right away, a quick rinse
in the sink under running water. But it is far from washing them twice.
I do the trash-can step because I'm on septic, and don't have a garbage
disposal.

--
aem sends...