Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Comment on Chinese drywall

*+-Before asking that question, you might look in the mirror. After all,
*+-it's because of the free-market-uber-alles, deregulation,
*+-get-gubmint-off-my-back types like you that we have toothless regulatory
*+-agencies and a free-for-all market where all kinds of **** gets sold
*+-without adequate testing.

Insurers and lenders used to mandate UL testing.

Look, it wasn't long ago fire unions insisted we use all that cheap
plentiful asbestos they found in Vermont in the 1920s. And then it
was so cheap, they added it into just about everything. Or all that
spray-into-wall foam that emitted formaldehyde in the 1970s to save
energy. ot to mention how the insulation kept the radon in. Or now,
the granite tops that emit radon.

I once saw someone say you should buy a house between five and twenty
years old, because the worst bugs show up in the first five years.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2