Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.education.science

Default At what PSI does a plastic soda bottle fil a car tire?

I'd have to tape measure one, and calculate it out. I'd
figure a passenger car tire at maybe 3 to 5 liters of air
space, at 35 PSI. Starting at 150, you'd get some where.

When we used to be able to get freon tank conversions. I
found that a 30 pound tank starting at 150 PSI would fill
one car tire from zero to about 28 PSI.

Easier to make a sort of manifold by drilling through the
cap, and then fasten the cap to the maifold. Use close
nipple, and a fitting in and out of the soda pop cap. Then,
screw the bottle on. Eventually, you'd need a new cap or a
new bottle. But they are cheap enough.

Soda bottle as water pipe expansion tank sounds good. At
least you can see if it's water logged.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LM" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:00:00 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

At 150 PSI, they would be useful as expansion tanks for
air
compressors.

Interesting idea!

1. Buy copper pipe
2. Drill ten holes 2 inches apart in the steel pipe for the
threaded bolts
3. Tap the ten holes in the galvanized steel pipe for the
threaded bolts
3. Drill an axial hole through the center of ten threaded
bolts
4. Drill a hole through the center of ten soda caps for the
threaded bolts
5. Screw the ten threaded bolts into the caps and then into
the steel pipe
6. Cap one end of the steel pipe & place a chuck on the
other end
7. Chuck the other end of the steel pipe onto your CO2
regulator hose
6. Screw ten 2 liter soda bottles onto the ten caps bolted
to the pipe
7. Turn on the C02 gas and pressurize the twenty liters to
150psi
8. Remove the chuck
9. You now have 20 liters of 150psi portable C02!

QUESTION:
How many liters of gas does a typical automotive car tire
take anyway?