Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default How to build a home CO2 carbonation system (the nozzle part)

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 23:33:38 -0700, LM wrote:

Also, a quick call to the 800 Coca-Cola number confirms the 2-liter Coke
bottles are tested at 200 psi (amazing that they get this question often).

I'm learning more and more how to build (and maintain for safety) a home
carbonating system!

Since C02 pressure is around 800 psi, I was wondering why my C02 gauge goes
muuuch higher. I found out the Co2 pressure is logarithmically temperature
related ... so at reasonably warm summer temperatures (over 90°F), the C02
tank pressure could climb over 1200psi!

So, the first thing is to keep the tank covered from sunlight!

Also keep the C02 tank vertical! This article explains why.
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/diy_co2rig.htm

BTW, some people use C02 tanks to fill large off-road tires because a
typical air tank (they say) doesn't hold enough air. Interesting:
http://www.stu-offroad.com/recovery/co2/co2-1.htm