Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default How to build a home CO2 carbonation system (the nozzle part)

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:59:21 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

I know, it's an engineer thing- I wouldn't understand.

Yes. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the proper assembling & use
of a home carbon dioxide soda fountain.

Another thing I learned is that I should NOT have used that Teflon tape to
seal all the joints in the regulators and hoses! )

According to this article (http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/bottle.html),
Teflon "flows" and refuses to "wet" but it "shreds", thereby fouling the
regulators.

So far, I think I've made every mistake you can make!
- I had the C02 bottle on its side
- I pressurized the soda bottle to 150psi
- I used Teflon tape to seal the high-pressure fittings
- I used a tire chuck with an intact Schrader valve (instead of removing
the stem of the Schrader valve)
etc.

But, I'm learning ... Any advice you can give is always welcome!