Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Whitworth[_3_] John Whitworth[_3_] is offline

Default Compost

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
John Whitworth
wibbled on Tuesday 06 April 2010 23:06

"Dave Baker" wrote in message

Trying to make compost in a sealed plastic bin seems utterly pointless
me which is why I can't understand the local council selling them so
feverishly.

I disagree - they do work - well. But you just have to spear the contents
and move it around a little every now and again to aerate. Fortunately, I
broke the end off of a hoe a couple of years back. So that is my
convenient spear. I also throw a watering can full of water in there
every
month or so, to make sure everything is nice and wet.

get a rat - mine does all that for me ;-

I did a wee in it Sunday too. :-)