Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Dead dishwasher - $250 for control panel?

Zootal wrote the following:
I have a four year old Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has stopped
working. I looked at it and found the ribbon cable to the front control
panel had burnt traces. A front control panel costs $250 or more, and there
is no guarantee it didn't take the control module out with it. Is there any
hope for this thing? I'm thinking it's time to trash it and get a new one
due to the cost of replacing the control panel.

There's a Fire Hazard recall on certain Maytag dishwashers.
https://repair.maytag.com/repair/dis...iteCd=MT_EN_US

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY