Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default USA National wireless plan

On 4/6/2010 3:07 AM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

Wild_Bill wrote:

The airwaves were previously the property of the citizens.
Anything for a buck.

"It's interesting to note how often the FCC mentions the value of the
spectrum in dollar terms and not in terms of how it serves the community".

No, it's exactly what I expect since the FCC is run by politicians,
not engineers.

The usual "politicians" smear doesn't explain it.

The real problem is that the FCC, like most so-called regulatory
agencies, is run by those from the supposedly regulated industry. You
know, like the fox guarding the henhouse.

Cf. the ongoing Wall Street banking/investment "crisis".

- a Usenet "apology"