Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Hyperinflation as a goal?

On Apr 5, 10:52*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

..

I would think that higher
educated parents would have a higher percentage of only one parent
working.

I would expect exactly the opposite.

Why?

In other words, home-schooling may be the stupidest economic move anyone
ever made in education.

--
Ed Huntress
Home schooling can be an excellent economic move. *If one parent makes

Huh? So money doesn't count after $100,000? If you feel that way, and if you
have any to spare, it counts a hell of a lot to me, and would be much
appreciated. d8-)

It is not that money does not count after $100,000. It is that it
does not count as much. Well known economic theory. Sort of like the
first bite of ice cream is good, but by the time one has eaten a pint,
the desire for ice cream is greatly diminished.

And also we have a progressive taxation system. So earning $200,000
does not leave you with twice as much money to spend as earning
$100,000.

The alternate minimum tax
takes a lot of what is earned, and there are additional expenses as
child care.

Dan, you're reaching, m'man.

Have you ever paid the alternate minimum tax? I have. So I know what
I am talking about.

Having both parents work when there are children under the age of ten
may be the stupidest decision.

Hey, if they're such capable teachers, have one of them work in their
child's school. That's how my wife got started.

Teaching a whole classroom is more work than teaching two. So if you
need the money, it might be worth doing. But to work in school, you
have to travel to the school, either buy lunch at the school cafeteria
or take your lunch ( neither something I would enjoy ), keep regular
hours, put up with kids with bad manners, etc. If you think
teaching in a public school is so good, why don't you do it?

Dan

--
Ed Huntress