Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Purchasing a house with animal damage.....

On 04/05/2010 11:21 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
.. .
I have a lead on a home in an excellent area of town, prime area
in fact, and at a great price.
However, the home has animal damage.

Apparently the widow who owned it, let her dogs **** and crap all
over the place.

I've inspected it and it literally looks like a flood has taken
place.

IOW up to 6 inches up every wall I can see stains which I am
assuming are pee pee stains.
It looks like the house had a flood 6 inches high!

I realize the rugs have to go, but how do I clean up the rest of
the mess?

Can I just remove the baseboard molding's, clean, paint and be
done with it?

Also the house has hot water baseboard heating and the miserable
little creatures have peed on everyone of the baseboard units to
the point that the covers are rusted!!!

Any ideas on how to clean this up?

There is no way to clean this up. I would run away from this "deal", and in
this soft market, buy another where I could get a decent price, and then
have some money left to remodel, and do things that don't involve cleaning
up crap. The damage is there, and nothing short of a natural gas explosion
is going to change it.

Does the house have natural gas?

Hey, it's an idea.

Steve

unless it's so cheap that you can tear everything down to the framing
and start over. Seriously, it's the only way. Might even have to
shellac the framing if it's that damaged.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel