Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flies

LSMFT wrote:
I have new windows and doors, my house is tight. No drafts in the
winter, no air leaks felt. How in hell do files still get in?
I keep finding dead ones on my porch carpet and sometimes one flying
around on a warm day. I can't find where they get in.

I knew a guy who was a "slobsophrenic". That's a crazy slob if you're
wondering. He wouldn't take care of his cats beyond throwing some food
on the floor for them. The cats would become ill and die under the
house. Flies would find any opening from under the house to come up
through the walls or any kind of crack in the flooring. It was very
strange and disconcerting to see flies come out of nowhere. It's quite
possible that you may have had some sort of critter die under your
house and it is now a mother ship for maggots.

TDD