Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Transition from 2 1/4 wood flooring to 3 inch

stryped wrote the following:
On Apr 5, 2:11 pm, "chaniarts"
wrote:

stryped wrote:

I have 3 inch floorin gin a dinning orom and carpet in the adjoining
living room. I got a good deal on some 2 1/4 inch flooring that nearly
matches the three inch. Is there a good was to transition from one
size to another to make the size difference less apparant? The rooms
are separated by a wide "doorway" without the door.

that's what they make thresholds for. i'd use a nice marble or granite one
that was the same height as the wood flooring.

I guess what I am really aying is, is there a way to minimize the
visual aspect of the size difference? Bothe sets of wood are 3/4 inch
tall. One is 2 1/4 inch wide and the other is 3.

Tell people not to look down at the floor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY