Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Purchasing a house with animal damage.....

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:51:05 -0400, Pouch wrote:

I have a lead on a home in an excellent area of town, prime area
in fact, and at a great price.
However, the home has animal damage.

Apparently the widow who owned it, let her dogs **** and crap all
over the place.

I've inspected it and it literally looks like a flood has taken
place.

IOW up to 6 inches up every wall I can see stains which I am
assuming are pee pee stains.
It looks like the house had a flood 6 inches high!

I realize the rugs have to go, but how do I clean up the rest of
the mess?

Can I just remove the baseboard molding's, clean, paint and be
done with it?

Also the house has hot water baseboard heating and the miserable
little creatures have peed on everyone of the baseboard units to
the point that the covers are rusted!!!

Any ideas on how to clean this up?

You will get a lot of feedback on this one, I'm sure.

My house had two dogs from the previous owner that did the same thing.
I kept the house vacant for six months as we worked on it. Threw out
the baseboard, carpet, vinyl, etc, etc....ETC!

I had asked the owner to drop the price by $25,000 and she accepted
the offer.

Once I worked in a house, for a RE agent, getting ready to market the
home. That house had a pet pot-bellied pig living in it and running
all about the home. Yep, even the landscape needed work G