Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Transition from 2 1/4 wood flooring to 3 inch

"chaniarts" wrote in message
stryped wrote:
I have 3 inch floorin gin a dinning orom and carpet in the
adjoining
living room. I got a good deal on some 2 1/4 inch flooring that
nearly
matches the three inch. Is there a good was to transition from
one
size to another to make the size difference less apparant? The
rooms
are separated by a wide "doorway" without the door.

that's what they make thresholds for. i'd use a nice marble or
granite one that was the same height as the wood flooring.

I ripped some oak and adjusted the thickness to make a transition
between laid hardwood flooring in the kitchen and marble in the
hallway, plus carpet in a couple other areas.

--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.

-Mark Twain