Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] Geoffrey S. Mendelson[_2_] is offline

Default NTSC versus PAL

Sylvia Else wrote:
If you then negate the resulting red difference component of the second
line, and average with the red difference component of the first line,
the parts received from the blue difference component cancel out,
leaving a red different component that equals the original, multiplied
by the cosine of the phase error. The same applies to the blue
component. The result is that the hues are correct, but not as saturated
as they shoud have been.

Since PAL TV sets have a saturation (color level) control, isn't that
a "non-problem". If it matters, you just adjust it to compensate.

My experience is that people set the color saturation too high, if I hold
my hand up to the screen my skin looks pale in comparison to everyone
on it.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.