Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Horizontal TV Antenna Separation

John Gilmer wrote:
Ever heard of wide band, high gain LP(log periodic) antenna?

Yes, I have.

But not for TV use.

TV antenna are designed for the "TV bands."

The LP is for broad band use. At higher frequences effectively the
"bigger" parts of the antenna aren't in the picture.

Hi,
Then you must know how LP array is interlaced.
It can act like a reflector. Can't tell until tried.
Antenna is still empirically designed starting with a drawing
based on theory. Scaled down model antennas, full scale ones
out at the testing range. I could never create an antenna based
on paper work. Until you try you never know that's why I made that
suggestion.