Bob Mannix

Default Lithium molybdenum disulphide grease

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
Hi

I'm trying to get hold of some lithium molybdenum disulphide grease. I

need
it for a very specific application which requires this particular grease.

I popped into Halfords today to see if they had any and the most likely

thing
they had was Castrol LM grease. I asked one of the assistants if this was
lithium molybdenum disulphide grease and they said no it's not. Now that

I've
got home I'm thinking that maybe the Castrol LM grease is what I want and

the
assistant may not have understood me correctly.

I've been searching the Castrol web-site to see if they mention what their

LM
Grease is but they don't give that information.

Does anyone here know if Castrol LM is lithium molybdenum disulphide

grease?

Stating the obvious (again!): do a Google search for "lithium molybdenum
disulphide grease" and, indeed "Castrol LM".

You will find (amongst other things) that Castrol LM is not what you want.
It is Lithium based but no Molybdenum. It's possible Castrol Moly grease
would do.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)