Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus31024 Ignoramus31024 is offline

Default #OT# Recession is over!!!

On 2010-04-04, F George McDuffee wrote:
Please be advised the US recession is over and we can all talk
about something else.

http://topnews.us/content/215341-25-...n-overall-2009
snip
As per the statistics, the 25 best-paid hedge fund managers
earned a record $25.3 billion overall last year ? topping the
2007 all-time record high of $22.3 billion payouts; and marking a
two-fold increase in the payouts the managers received in 2008,
when most of the leading hedge funds reported heavy losses due to
the financial crisis.

Not too surprising, considering that the stock market, bonds and
commodities all rallied in 2009, and the managers are paid 20% for all
gains (and 2% for losses). I personally would never invest on such
terms, but that is just me.