Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Low volume toilets

Steve B wrote the following:
I caught a sliver of a program this afternoon on HGTV (Home and Garden TV),
where the lib was touting that the house for sale had a low volume toilet,
using 1/6 the water of a regular toilet.

Immediately, I am in a dilemma, and enraged.

I am in a dilemma, because everything downstream now has less water to live
on, and everything upstream is up to its gills in water. Where does all
that extra water go, and what in the world does using less water to flush a
toilet have to do with anything.

And then, I think of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Do you think either of them shop around when needing to take a dump and look
for a low volume high efficiency toilet? I don't think so. And what if it
is one of those bad ones that use two rolls of toilet paper, a can of air
freshener, and an hour and a half just to clear the bathroom so the next
person can go in there without a gas mask?

Or one of those logs that doesn't require a single square of toilet paper,
but a coathanger to break apart so you can flush the toilet six times to get
rid of it? My brother Randy was like that. Had a special coat hanger
hanging there so he could break up the logs. Never used a square of toilet
paper, though.

I mean, where is all this economy in flushing toilets going? I personally
don't flush my toilet until morning, after using it several times during the
night, along with SWMBO, as long as it's just #1. If it's a #2, flush away,
and who cares who you wake up.

But all this falderal about saving water on flushes. What a bunch of
bullcrap, especially when the ones at the top who are so full of it in the
first place don't give one whit about how many gallons it takes to get THEIR
stinky mess as far away from them as they want a bad speech.

Oh, Mildred, I had a wonderful day at work today. I foreclosed on two
families, I repossessed three cars, and I saved six gallons of water using a
low volume toilet. And how was YOUR day?

Oh, fine, honey. I beat the snot out of little Johnnie for using a curse
word, I grounded Tessie for texting without permission, and I let all my
waste build up until I thought it would backfire back out through the
toilet, but luckily, I have the new Obama low volume toilet that allows for
huge amounts of crap to be passed through a small opening with no problem.

I'm so proud. How about you? We saved 3.6 gallons of water today.

Steve

Good points. :-)
I'm not causing any problems upstream or downstream.
I get my water directly from the ground, use it, and put it back in the
ground in a different place.
I have 3 old American Standard Plebe toilets. The 5 gallon type, I think.
The only bad thing about my setup is that the 220 volt, 3/4 horsepower
well pump has to replace the flushed water. This costs electricity
Recently I installed one of the dual flush converter types. MJSI HYR270
HydroRight Drop-In Dual Flush Converter (usual disclaimer applies). I
got mine through Amazon.
The old style flusher handle on the front of the tank is replaced with a
dual button flusher.
The top button flushes about 2-3 gallons of the 5, which is enough for #1
The bottom button unloads the tank for #2.
So far it works well. I'll be getting two more for the other toilets

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY