Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default So Much For 'Energy Star' Ratings

On Apr 4, 12:47*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:31:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Apr 3, 5:48 pm, Steve Ackman

I'm just perverse enough that if I see two products
side by side, I buy the one without the federally
approved marketing scheme label attached.

But, but, you haven't been empowered to feel smug and superior. You'll
have to do it entirely on your own without permission.

Doesn't the Organic label also allow you to charge quadruple the price
for the same stuff anyone else sells without the label, all while
feeling smug and superior and sustainable and LoCarbon?

I'm checking for wheat allergies so I bought a loaf of wheat-free
(rice) bread in the local organic place today. When I got to the
checker, I just about crapped my pants when it rang up at $5.19.
I bought it, 'cuz I'm out of bread, but I sure as hell won't be back
for more.

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.

How would you like it if you were really allergic to wheat products -
and I mean REALLY allergic, anaphylatic shock kind of allergic - and,
due to lack of government regulation, food producers were able to put
anything they want on labels, or NOT put anything they want on labels,
including the fact that the rice cakes you bought were produced in a
factory that also handles wheat?

Food could be a lot cheaper if we'd just get rid of those pesky USDA
meat inspectors. Damned government.