Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.home.automation
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Central Vac overload

"B Fuhrmann" wrote in message
the "smart outlets." My original concern was based on what I thought

was
thermal overload kickout, but when I sealed up the unit I left plenty of
room for airflow and even put in a small fan to make sure nothing
overheated. I realize now I ran those tests during an average vacuuming
session that didn't include the occasional serious clog, so I will have

see what happens when I deliberately block the hose and monitoring the
motor
temperature.

It is very possible that the power unit uses the filtered air from the
vacuum as cooling.

Yep, when I tested the output flow with my hand, a clog caused the airflow
to drop steeply and heat up quickly. Very likely hose air used for cooling.

--
Bobby G.