Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What Oscilloscope specs for audio work, diagnosis and repair?

"Jeff Liebermann = total ****WIT "

"Phil Allison"

Digital scopes absolutely SUCK for audio work.

Why duz it suck?

** There is no way to prove the point to fools like YOU by posting
messages on a newsgroup.

Got it.

** You have certainly have GOT some horrible diseases in your brain.

Congenital ones for sure.

You can't explain why a digital scope is not usable for analog work.

** Never said they were "unusable for analog work"

You sure are ONE vile ****ing LIAR !!!

Have you ever actually used a digital scope?

** Yep - that is why I am very certain about my comments.

But anyone familiar with the use of analogue scopes for audio test and
repair work will find using a DSO to be mighty irritating and tedious -
at
best.

** Why does this fool not reply to the points already made ?

Cos he is an autistic ****wit - of course.

Long ago, in my mis-spent youth, I worked in a repair shop that did
mostly audio. Not audiophile, but production line warranty repair for
various manufacturers of various audio related equipment. The lead
tech never used a scope. He would just listen to whatever was coming
out of the speakers, scribble down what stage or device was blown, and
move on to the next machine.

** What a pile of utterly unbelievable ****ING BULL**** !!!

My job was to do the unsoldering and replacement.

** Even that is too technical for a RETARD like this ****.

Moral: Use your ears first, then use the scope.

** That is no moral.

That is purest ******** !!!

The displayed traces on a DSO are often very misleading and hence useless
for many test procedures that analogue scopes do just perfectly.

Oh? Misleading in what way?

** There is no way to DEMONSTRATE the point to an arrogant ****WIT like
YOU by posting messages on a newsgroup.

Cos you do not WANT to know.

Did I miss anything on why an analog scope is superior to digital?

** A whole lot of things, actually.

Cos you have no ****ing idea how to use an analoge scope to advantage with
audio testing and trouble shooting.

Go DROP DEAD