Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What Oscilloscope specs for audio work, diagnosis and repair?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:52:49 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

A nice,simple,inexpensive used TEK scope would be the T922/T932/T935 or 442
scopes;15MHz or 35Mhz. They don't use any custom ICs,have simple
attenuators,have a decent size CRT graticule,and aren't too old.
Negatives are the plastic case that allows chassis flex,easy to break knobs
that are no longer available.

I'd avoid the T912 storage scope.

Ummm.... I now have 3ea T922 (15MHz) scopes. One works, but the other
two have blown flyback xformers. I've been unable to find a
replacement or substitute flyback. Both failed while they were being
used on my bench. The problem seems to be that the scope does not
have a fan and the flyback was probably overheating. There's a
perforated grill and location for a fan on the lower back, but no fan.
So, I added one on my working T922, which seems to be surviving so
far. There's not much air circulation in the upper section (where the
flyback lives) so I added some holes in the top cover (under the
handle) to improve circulation.

series (60 Mhz to 100 Mhz),but those do use a few TEK-made ICs that are out
of production.
But they have good reliability. I have a 2213.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D