Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default So Much For 'Energy Star' Ratings

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:31:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Apr 3, 5:48*pm, Steve Ackman

* I'm just perverse enough that if I see two products
side by side, I buy the one without the federally
approved marketing scheme label attached.

But, but, you haven't been empowered to feel smug and superior. You'll
have to do it entirely on your own without permission.

Doesn't the Organic label also allow you to charge quadruple the price
for the same stuff anyone else sells without the label, all while
feeling smug and superior and sustainable and LoCarbon?

I'm checking for wheat allergies so I bought a loaf of wheat-free
(rice) bread in the local organic place today. When I got to the
checker, I just about crapped my pants when it rang up at $5.19.
I bought it, 'cuz I'm out of bread, but I sure as hell won't be back
for more.

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.