Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much for T1-11, installed?

"aemeijers" wrote
The estimate came back at 22k. Is there some plausible reason for such a
sky-high quote?

I grew up in the business, and I have the skills to do the work. What I
don't have is the time, unless I take a week or two off from my day job. I
also don't have anyone available to help hoist panels into position until
they can get pinned in place. Constructive suggestions welcomed.

Have you priced the material? Given that you say you'd have to take a week
or two off of work, I'm going to use two weeks as an estimate of time. Of
course, a helper is needed. So you have one person at $50 an hour, the
other at $30. If it is an 80 hour job that would be $6400 plus material.

I wonder if you'd do better asking for a price just for labor if you provide
the material?