Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Gentry Bob Gentry is offline

Default Making an arbitrary angle in pipe

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 18:32:28 -0500, Wes wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:43:07 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Bob Gentry wrote:
... (most codes frown on PVC for service entry use)

Around here (NW of Boston) it's used almost exclusively. For
residential anyhow. Bob

My neighbor is a guy that would be sure he meets applicable codes. The
Fridley electrical inspector is a good guy, very willing to answer
questions and help homeowners do things right the first time.

The three-elbows problem was mostly an interesting puzzle for me. If
an electrical shop can bend the conduit, that's the clear way to go.

IIRC, you are allowed 270 degrees of bend between pull boxes. I'm going from memory so I
could be wrong, don't have a copy of the NEC at the house.

Wes

....not more than the equivalent of four quarter bends (360) degrees
between any two "pull points"...

EMT, IMC or GRC

NEC 346-11
rgentry at oz dot net