Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Hyperinflation as a goal?

On Apr 3, 5:28*pm, Frnak McKenney
wrote:

If you're curious as to why coming from a family with an above-average
education gives a kid a "leg up", the best explanation I've read so
far is described in E.D. Hirsch's writings; "The Knowledge Deficit"
is a good introduction.

Frank McKenney
-

Thanks for the book recommendation. I will see what the library
system here has of his writings. To me it is obvious to the most
casual observer why coming from a family of above average education
gives kids a leg up.

Some parents do things like encouraging their kids to read. During
the summer after I was in about the third or fourth grade, my parents
decided that they would read " A tail of Two Cities " to my sister and
me. After a day or so, it became obvious that reading aloud was too
slow, so my sister and I each read it by ourselves. But without my
parents influence, I would not gotten interested in reading that book.

Dan