Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Engineered wood flooring

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
On Apr 2, 3:48 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I was wondering how difficult it is to install engineered wood
flooring compared to laminate flooring. I have done several laminate
floors but dont know anything about the engineered wood flooring. Is
this a viable DIY job.

Jimmie

Just as easy. I've done it a couple of times now and anyone that can
read a
ruler can do it.

Is this stuff water resistant enough to use in a kitchen?

Jimmie

There are many types of "Engineered" wood floors, the term is really
generic. Avoid all types with MDF backings, as they will be a problem with
any moisture. I have used one that had "baltic birch" plywood backing and it
survived a small flood when the water was turned on with the tap under the
sink still open, one week after the flooring was installed. You cannot tell
that it ever got wet.