Chris

Default Delta Jointer at Lowes

Guess it makes you as happy as me that good ol' Jean never scrapped the GST
as promised eh!? (BTW, that's dripping with sarcasm...hehe

Chris

"D. Martin" wrote in message

I bought one about a month ago and I'm very satisfied with it. I paid
$467.00 Canadian plus 15% taxes.

D.Martin

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:39:40 -0600, "Dustmaker"
wrote:

Thanks guys for the tip about the 20% off at Lowe's. We didn't have a
Lowe's in the area (Lincolnwood, IL) until they opened YESTERDAY!

I've had my eyes on buying a jointer for a few months and was motivated

by
the discussions in the newsgroup. Hearing about the 20% off, I went to

the
new Lowe's and asked where I could find the Ryobi Jointer. The man very
politely told me they don't sell Ryobi, but have Delta.

I was expecting to find the Ryobi for $399 less 20%. What they had was a
Delta JT360 6" with a floor stand for $349 less 20% = $279.20. Guess who
has a 300# monster in his truck right now?

I'd like to hear if anyone has anything bad to say about this before I
unload and assemble. It seems too good to be true. I see this same unit
listed on Amazon and other sites for $449.99.

Did Christmas come early?

Thanks to all for the good advice over the year. I really enjoy this
newsgroup and it has been a definite help in improving my knowledge,

skills
and good places for buying more toys.