Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Actual Metalworking

Wes wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:

Wes wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:

Did you rework it or did you make it from scratch?
From scratch -- I only have one high compression head, and it's still
good. There's no way I'm cutting that up!

Did you take pictures of your setups as you made it?

Didn't think of it -- I just took an aluminum bar and hacked away
everything that didn't look like what I wanted.

I know how that works. I've been working away on a Gatlingun and the camera has never
been in the shop. I really should take pictures.
I don't know that doing so would have been a public service, other than
an example of how one hack-job amateur took care of the work.

Believe it or not, showing a way is a service.

I'm planning on doing a few, to experiment with compression ratios and
combustion chamber shape, so I'll think about doing it then.

That would be fantastic.
I'm on a bit of a mission. You can get these adapters, but the word on
the street is that they don't work as well as the Cox heads, because not
much attention is paid to combustion chamber shape. So I'm interested
not only in "can I make this work", but "can I make this work well", and
"can I make this work for low nitro fuel".

I hope you have success. Have you ever been to NAMES or one of the other model
engineering expos?

No, the kids have been keeping us running flat out for the last sixteen
years. Now that #1 son has turned from "kid" to "young man" and has
taken up driving the number of errands that need to be run has dropped
dramatically, so I may start getting chances like that.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com