Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Gap opened up in laminate floor

On Apr 2, 9:17*am, Mike wrote:
Hi Folks -

Over the last few months there has been a gap opening up in the
laminate floor in my kitchen. *2 pieces of the floor are sliding for
some reason. *See these pics which show the floor -

http://gallery.me.com/beverley.tetrick#100395

There's not a good way (that I can think of) to grab the floor and try
to pull it back in place. *I suppose I could pull the dishwasher and
using a hammer, tap the end of that strip of flooring to get it back
in place, but I haven't tried that yet (a big hassle to disconnect and
pull dishwasher).

Any ideas what might have caused this? *And how to fix it? *Of course,
I'd prefer to avoid calling a floor company to fix this.

Thanks for any ideas!

Mike

When I did my hallway I had to mill a custom transition piece to go
from one room to the hallway. I had to order the wood and it took
about two weeks to get it. In that time I had a piece "walk" like
that. I tapped it back in place applying a couple of drops of glue. It
didnt come out again although it was at least another two weeks before
I could get the piece milled and installed.

Jimmie