Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Woodsmith Video Tip??

On 04/02/2010 08:51 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On 4/2/2010 7:35 AM, Nova wrote:
d.williams wrote:
Some of the Woodsmith Video Tips have seemed to me to be a little
"geared to the complete novice". Not that we weren't all complete
novices at one time. This one borders on "what the......." . Just one
dufuss's opinion.

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2010/04...autostart=true

I thought the tip cited above was rather lame as well but I did find
their second tip of using 1/8" dowel to peg both sides of a dado joint
something I've never considered doing.

I'd have to look (which I can't do right now), but doubt that technique would work with my
Unifence, at least not without making several adjustments to allow for the raising of the
"table top" by about 1/4"...

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.