Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Actual Metalworking

Louis Ohland wrote:
On 4/2/2010 08:33, Wes wrote:
Tim wrote:

_And_ it starts with a ni-starter -- Cox glow heads _demand_ a good dry
cell battery, and just sneer at you if you try to give them 1.2V from a
nicad.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/cox_head.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/cox_head-inside.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...d-on_plane.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/cox_head-plans.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/cox_head-top.jpg

Whoever took the pictures - nice hustle, but perhaps you could use the
macro setting to focus close-in, or set the aperture to a higher F stop
(like F 5.6 or greater)

On some pics, you can see things came into focus past the object.

PS. Of course, higher F stop means less light. F 8 brings everything
into focus, but reduces the amount of light.

I was going to apologize for the crappy pictures. That _is_ with a
macro, although it's the camera's built-in macro setting which, while it
does put a pretty picture of a flower in one corner of the view screen,
doesn't let you get much closer than a foot. I should have gone back
and taken more pictures when I found just how bad it is, but I'm lazy.

Maybe today.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com