Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default On Topic- Lets get rid of Cliff Options

In article , " wrote:
On Apr 1, 11:32=A0am, rangerssuck wrote:

And what about the rest of the people (left, right and center) who
seldom post on-topic, but always have a political statement to make?
They don't bother you? It doesn't raise your ire when someone like
Gunner posts hundreds of lines cut & pasted from his favorite winger
site without a single word of original thought? Or when he posts a one
or two word reply, followed by twenty or so lines of robotic spew?

You have a point. I think that Cliff is the most prolific poster of
off topic threads, but certainly not the only one. If we could
convince him and about three others to stop, I think the rest might
not include RCM in there cross postings.

And if you can't convince them to stop? What then?

You need to:

a) Find a better way to access Usenet than the clumsy, broken interface at
GoogleGroups that you're using now. That means:

b) Downloading a real news client such as Forte, Thunderbird, or Gravity, and
getting yourself an account at a free news server such as eternal-september.
Then you can:

c) Learn how to use filters and killfiles so that you won't see Cliff's posts,
or any of the crossposts.