Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Jointer Help

In article , The Wolf wrote:

This thing is a 12" monster. I only have a 4' level to use as a straight
edge. Trying to improvise. I suspect the outfeed table is sloped towards
the floor.

The bed is level.

FWIW, in operation it doesn't matter *at all* if the tables are level, as long
as they're parallel to each other. If you can make one of them dead level,
though, it makes it easier to tell when they're parallel: if you can make
the other one dead level too, then they must be parallel. With a machine as
large as yours, it may well be much easier to check for level than for
parallel -- as long as your level is accurate.