Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Jointer Help

On 4/1/2010 5:19 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Someone showed me a way to check the jointer. Joint the first 12" of a
board, pull it back scribble pencil marks on it. Turn it around and run it
through the other way. It should remove the pencil marks on the second pass.

At any rate I am working on a jointer manufactured in 1944. It takes 2-3
passes to remove the pencil marks.

Can anyone help me with troubleshooting?

My advice would be to ignore it ... too many other variables at play for
that method to be remotely reliable, IMO.

The proof is in the pudding ... using a proper and practised technique,
when a single pass fully engages the board from end to end, and results
is a flat surface, then the pudding is done.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08