Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Hyperinflation as a goal?

RBnDFW wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Yet, my town is loaded with Muslims, mostly East Indian. One is my
son's best friend. The ones I know are great, generous,
hard-working people. My cardiologist's name is Muhammed, and he's
a laugh a minute. g I really don't get it.
I do. He's a sleeper agent. Watch your back!

g And my endocrinologist, until I left him, was named Hussein.
He's a friend of my cardiologist, Muhammed. No kidding.

Defense is always going to be politically tough, but I'll be right
behind you. As for cutting federal education contributions, all it
will do is push the costs onto the states. I really don't see that
one having legs.
I'm all for that. Education should be a very local issue.
The Feds should have never stuck their nose under that tent.

I think it's the opposite. The more local you make school control,
the dumber it gets. You won't find local control among any of the
countries that beat our kids' pants off on standardized tests.

Then how do home schoolers excel over public-schooled students?
Doesn't get much more local than that.

They don't always.

Most of us on this board got a public school education when local
control was the rule, and the feds had little influence.

The feds have had a lot of influence since education becme mandatory by
federal statute.
All anyone really has to do is be willing to forego federal funding to opt
out.
Any volunteers?

--
John R. Carroll