Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Battery charger repair

On Apr 1, 6:12*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
Like most small automotive battery chargers mine is a piece of crap
little 8 amp unit. When I went to use it the connectors were bad and
one of the wires pulled out of the connector. Fixed that and there
isnt enough spring tension for it to make reliable connection to the
battery terminal. By now Im getting a little fumed because I worked to
work on my van instead of the battery charger. I had a couple of
miniature vice grip pliers, basically toys. I drilled holes in the
jaws and tapped them. Replaced the cable on it with some heavy duty
speaker wire, I think wires are about #12 and fastened the wires to
the screws I installed on the jaws with some crimp-on terminals. These
things will now *fasten on to anything and break through just *about
any kind of crud to make a good contact.

Hope this helps someone

Jimmie

Well you will buy Chinese!