Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Abrasive sink polishing kit worked wonders

On Mar 31, 10:47*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Homer Simpson wrote:
My sink was stained up and had irremovable hard water/corrosion
stains. I went to home depot and found a $10 sink polishing kit. It
has various grades of sandpaper. Amazingly it took everything off and
restored it to like-new condition. Hardly took any elbow grease, just
15 minutes.

Anyone know what grit sandpaper they use ? I want to buy some more to
clean up some of my bathroom fixtures. Or should I just buy another
$10 kit?

Auto body supply places can sell you sandpaper up to 2000 grit, as used in the
"scary sharp" tool sharpening method. I would expect that that would do what you
describe.

"Auto body supply places can sell you sandpaper up to 2000
grit..."

2000 grit? That's some pretty rough stuff.

How about 12,000 grit? ;-)

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2004...nding-Kit.aspx