Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default suction cup problems on tile walls

On Mar 30, 10:30*pm, Ron wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:21*pm, aemeijers wrote:

Ron wrote:
On Mar 30, 9:58 pm, "
wrote:
Jack Hammer wrote:
On Mar 30, 10:04 pm, "rb" wrote:
I've got some suction cup holder to stick on tile walls in our shower. For
some reason, they're not sticking.
Anyone know of some kind of clear glue I might get and use which won't hurt
the tile???
I would clean the tile well and use silicone. Silicone is easy to
remove
as well.
I agree, assuming that the objects aren't heavy and won't be a safety
hazard. *A little dab of silicone caulk with hold light objects a long
time, and easy to take off.

Except silicone will not stick to a plastic/rubber suction cup. It
will peel right off.

So you put a ring of it around the outside edge of the cup, so it oozes
and forms a pocket around it.

--
aem sends...

Yes, that would work. Around it and over it. Good idea.

Don't why I didn't think about this. The OP could also drill a couple
of 1/8" holes in the cup, put some silicone if the cup, press it
against the tile, and then smooth out the silicone that squeezes out
from the holes. Once cured it would hold nicely.

Used to do that (using 1/4" holes) with Nissan and Ford doorglasses
that where "glued" into 2 plastic U shaped tabs with silicone from the
factory that would quickly fail.